Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Why of Counseling

I'm constantly asked what keeps me going in a profession like Counseling.I remember very early I n life, even when I didn't understand the nuances of Counseling, I decided to make it a career.That conviction is something which has got me here, practicing for quite some time.

Over years of counseling, I have realized that it's not just about giving people hope,but also strengthening their own abilities to deal with life situations, helping them become aware of their own potential,help find their personal meaning and teaching them to accept and move on in life.It's all about them and very little of me in it.it's beautiful to see people adapt, change perspectives, show resilience and I think enriching to know that they made you a part of their private world and trusted you.

2 comments:

Maya2in1 said...

If you give wholeheartedly, you always get something back; :-)

Anonymous said...

as eric berne said[ i think it was him could be rogers too :)]

we dont help people! we stand by on the side lines cheering as they help themselves![ or something tht sounded mighty similar :)))]