Sunday, September 14, 2008

Finding happiness!

Movies and books over the years have an ability to help us get in touch with ourselves, possibly our unconscious as Freud would have put it. Over the years I have used both these mediums in therapy to drive home a point and they in very subtle was have contributed to my sensibility and openness to the world.

Recently I saw Rock On and left the theater feeling with a satisfied feeling.The feeling that Indian cinema has finally arrived!Even TZP did that, but this movie took the issue of our dreams, passion and unfinished business to a different level altogether.

One of the actors in the movie says this" Music is the only thing I know" and I'm sure it echoes the sentiments of a significantly large population.In the world of materialism, somewhere we do lose our passions compromising for better pay packages and trade off our happiness.

The movie just made me respect some significant people so much more, because honestly they love their profession and yes that's the only thing they know! Their satisfaction with their work has reflected in the way they carry themselves and this post goes out to them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you writing again. I haven't seen Rock On, yet, but am looking forward to it. Let's exchange notes once I see it.

Shreyas said...

I found this blog while I was searching for a counselor. Nice posts.
I also read an article quoting you. http://indiwo.in.com/india/features/counsel-relationships/family-counselling-to-the-rescue/10122/3

Can I get in touch with you over email ? shreyas.bhatewara@gmail.com

Looking forward to your reply.
Shreyas